(Move your mouse over the stars to rate)
Did you know?
Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ′good morning′ drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea from taking place, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Research proves that lemon is a citrus fruit rich in Vitamin C, that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves the way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and thus is extremely beneficial for the body.
The Benefits of Warm Lemon Water
- Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of your body. Your skin can′t look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins. When you get rid of toxic waste in your system, your skin will show it first.
- Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn, constipation and parasites. It is even known to help relieve hiccups when consumed as a juice. It acts as a liver tonic and helps you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile. It decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your body. It is also thought to help dissolve gallstones.
- Lemon is a diuretic. This means that lemon water is especially good for people with urinary tract infections. People with arthritis or rheumatism can benefit from consuming lemons because it helps flush out toxins and bacteria. When lemon is mixed with coffee, it also helps eliminate headaches. (Interestingly enough, caffeine is usually a precursor to headaches.)
- Because of its high Vitamin C content, it is used to prevent and treat many infections, hasten wound healing, and diminish allergies. Lemon juice also relieves symptoms of asthma, tonsillitis, and sore throats.
- When externally applied, lemon juice poured on a cotton ball and gently applied to the nostrils can stop nose bleeds although this may sting a little. When massaged gently into gums, lemon juice can effectively stop bleeding gums.
- Lemon is also very good at clarifying your hair to remove hair product build up. For those with dark hair, use lemon juice to add golden and red highlights to your hair. For those with blonde hair, use lemon to lighten your blonde color. To do this, simply squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon (or more) into your hair and sit out in the sun for an hour. Shampoo and condition afterward for hair that looks shinier, reflects more highlights, and feels fresh and clean.
The last word
Start your body engine everyday by drinking a glass of room temperature / lukewarm to warm, lemon water first thing in the morning. It is important to start your day with water everyday because of the time lapse in between going to bed and arising. Water hydrates your body naturally, and with lemon, more effectively.