For many of us, it takes an upcoming event or important special occasion to motivate us to finally revamp our diet and hit the gym! Maybe it's a child's wedding, a class reunion or a vacation to the beach. Whatever the occasion, future events can be great to jumpstart a makeover and freshen up your skin. First thing is first; so DesiDieter wants you to try these three mantras for a healthy skin:
1. Start each morning with a protein-rich breakfast.
2. Sip green tea with meals
3. Strike starch with dinner.
Moreover, try these rejuvenating recipes for a young, fresh skin:
Yogurt and Berries Brightly colored berries contain antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals that can damage the DNA of healthy skin cells. Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries have some of the highest antioxidant levels of any food — and new research has found a link between the antioxidants in these berries and decreased incidence of UV damage. This delicious parfait offers an easy way to load up on antioxidants, as well as the omega-3s in flaxseed and walnuts, another important skin nutrient.
3/4 cup yogurt, Greek, non-fat or low-fat, vanilla
1/2 cup assorted blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (as desired)
1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
1. Place yogurt in a serving dish
2. Stir in flaxseed and stir to combine. Add berries and stir until just combined
3. Top with chopped walnuts and serve
Cherry-Almond Salad Life is a bowl of cherries for your skin! Studies have found that the chemicals in the tart fruit can help inhibit pigmentation and contain a hormone linked to slowing the aging process.
Adding cherries and almonds boosts the skin benefits of your standard salad.
2 cups lettuce
2 Tbsp raspberry vinaigrette 1/2 cup cherries, fresh, rinsed and pitted
2 Tbsp almonds, slivered
1. Rinse and thoroughly dry lettuce. Place lettuce in a serving bowl.
2. Add vinaigrette and cherries and toss to combine.
Iced Green Tea One of the most powerful skin foods is actually a drink. This is another antioxidant powerhouse that offers protection against damage like UV rays and helps prevent damage that can lead to cancer. Sipping green tea helps your skin repair itself and help fights premature aging.
Brew up this delicious beverage and your skin will drink it up.
8 cups water
8 whole green tea bags
3 Tbsp honey (optional)
4 sprigs mint, fresh (optional)
4 slices lemon, fresh, sliced (optional)
1. Place water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add teabags and remove pot from heat.
2. For lightly-sweetened iced tea, stir in honey and mix until dissolved.
3. Let tea steep until desired strength is acquired. Remove teabags and allow tea to cool.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. Serve over ice with a garish or fresh mint and/or lemon, if desired.
Source: EveryDay Health
Posted by:AnonymousPosted:1 year agoNumber Of Replies:5Number Of Views:1969
Re: Recipes for Good Skin - Three Mantras For Youth