Women's Health: Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary Tract Infection or UTI
The urinary system consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Infections of the urinary tract (UTIs) are the second most common type of infection in the body.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Pain or burning when you use the bathroom
- Fever, tiredness or shakiness
- An urge to use the bathroom often
- Pressure in your lower belly
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy or reddish
- Less frequently, nausea or back pain
If you think you have a UTI, it is important to see your doctor. Your doctor can tell if you have a UTI by testing a sample of your urine. Treatment with medicines to kill the infection will make it better, often in one or two days.
For more Information read on: