Many of us have started diets with a lot of enthusiasm and ended up losing weight only in the first few days. Ever wondered why diets work best only for a short time.Read on for some tips to help you stick to your diet!
In most cases its lack of willpower. You start a diet with utmost enthusiasm. You do great in the first week but gradually, a little here and a little there and you are back to your old ways. You gain back all the weight that you had lost!
Will power is essential for people going on a diet. It is a sustained change over a period of time that will lead to healthy weight loss and make sure that you keep that fat away.
And what does one do to ensure that the motivation lasts long enough for you to change your eating habits for good. Try the following to keep you going:
1. Choose a realistic objective: Talk to your nutritionist. Together you can work towards choosing a weight loss objective which is realistic and attainable. Fix the number of kilos you want to lose and give yourself a target time.
2. Create a diet plan: Based on the goals that you have set for yourself, create a plan. Make sure you do not go overboard with the expectations. Break down the plan into jobs to do for each day. Invest some extra time in planning out your diet. Replace all the unhealthy foods with healthy snacks. Look for times and places where you tend to overeat and plan your course of action for those times.
For instance, if you tend to overeat after coming back from work, make sure you keep some healthy snacks handy for evening times.
3. Execute the diet plan: Once the planning has been done, this should be simple! Follow you diet like you had planned. Do not postpone starting a diet. Remember, its something you plan to integrate into your lifestyle and not something you want to start off at ease and finish off as soon as possible
4. Remind yourself to stick to your plans. Make copies of it and put it where you can see what you have to do next.
5. And finally, donot forget to reward yourself after every milestone you achieve. It keeps you going!
And remember, the difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Vince Lombardi