1. What is "Get in Shape – 2012"?
"Get in Shape – 2012" is a competition intended to bring together people who would like to Get in Shape for 2012. This competition brings together two very user driven sites, DesiDieterTM .
DesiDieterTM is a one of its kind website that encourages and supports the South Asian community to take a step towards Good Health and a Good Life. Through DesiDieterTM, you can also gain exclusive access to live Dietitians through Email, Chat and Phone.
2. When does the Competition start?
The registration for the contest starts from Nov 15, 2011. The competition starts from Dec 1, 2011 and ends on Jan 15, 2012.
3. What is the process that I need to follow?
We intend to make this competition really simple and easy for anyone to follow and win. The steps involved are really simple:
For more information regarding the contest and scoring, refer to our contest and scoring section.
4. What are the Rules and Regulations for this contest?
You can read the rules and regulations and the scoring process on our contest and scoring section for more information.
5. What is Health Age?
Health Age, as the name suggests, is the age of your health, which could be different from your biological (real) age. It is determined on the basis of your general lifestyle practices, such as fitness levels, nutritional status, stress levels, sleep levels, happiness factors, etc.
6. Why should one complete a Health Age Lifestyle and Longevity Assessment?
Wouldn't you like to know your health age vs. your real age? Take the Health Age-Lifestyle and Longevity Assessment, which will give you an idea of how old you are based on your lifestyle practices.
We will help you adapt better to lower your health age and add potential years to your life by providing recommendations to follow a healthy living pattern.
ABOUT THE PRIZES
7. What will I win?
- Your chance to earn a relaxation massage from Kairali Ayurvedic Spa- Worth INR 1500/-
- Take Home a Blood Pressure Monitor – Worth INR 2500/-
- Ultimate Opportunity To Own an I-POD – Worth INR 1500/-
- Food & GoodLiving Magazine Offers Annual Subscription To Early Bird Registrations – Worth INR 1200/-
- Discounts on Thyrocare Health Check Package – Worth INR 1800/-
8. Can I gift my award?
Yes, you may certainly gift this to anyone you wish.
DURING THE COMPETITION
9. What if the date/time of the daily checklist and scoring is offset for my local region?
Please note that the clocks are set for IST and PST time zones. For the remaining time zone users, please note that it is the consistent tracking and reporting that will fetch you your points and improve your score.
10. What if I do not remember my username or password?
In case you do not remember your email ID, then please re-register. In case of forgotten passwords, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you retrieve your password.
11. Can I consult health experts during the contest?
Yes, you may go to the ask an expert , who will be available to the participants for the duration of the contest. You can ask questions and seek their advice through the forum.
12. What happens if I join the competition late?
We have a weighted scoring process, which will make sure that you have a good chance of winning even if you join late. You CAN win as long as you are consistent with tracking and reporting on Forum and the website.
13. Can I set up a separate Competition for a Group of Friends of mine?
For now we are running this as a group competition. You will be able to create your own private competitions later and invite your own friends and family to participate.
14. How can I invite my friends to join this competition?
You can easily invite your friends for this competition through the Invite a Friend link at the top of the page. You can also ask your friends on facebook, twitter and other social networks to come and join you in this competition.
15. Is my data secure and kept confidential?
16. Will I have access to my tracking page after the competition so I can continue to Get in Shape?
Yes, DesiDieter will give access to all the competitors to the tracking tools and other content after the competition as well.
17. I have more questions. Where can I find the answer for them?
If you have some more questions for which you could not find an answer to, you can just send us a mail on email@example.com or talk to us on twitter and facebook.
18. What are the cheat days?
For the convenience of our users we are giving everyone of the GIS contestants 6 cheat days. Cheat Days will be the 6 days on which you have scored less than what you would normally do or have not been able to access GIS – 2012 site for some reason. This has been done taking into account that all healthy diets and fitness plans allow you at least one cheat day every week. The cheat days will be taken into account only once the competition is over, i.e. on 31st Jan, 2012.
19. How cheat days will affect my scoring?
Cheat days have been given to users taking into account the fact that all healthy Diet and Fitness Plans allow one cheat day every week. The cheat days will not take into account 6 of your lowest daily activity tracker scores. You don't have much to worry about one since there are plenty of ways to beat your competition:
1. Track your Daily Activity through the daily activity tracker
2. Send Gifts to your friends
3. Like your friends
4. Calculate your BMI and Waist to Hip Ratio
5. Find Out Your Health Age