Recipe Name: Orange trifle
|Sponge cakes||as required|
|Orange marmalade or Jam||2 ½ tbsp|
|Fresh orange juice||1/2 cup|
|Orange jelly||1 packet|
|Water||1 ½ cups|
|Sugar||1 ½ tbsp|
|Orange custard powder||2 tbsp|
|Peeled orange segments||for garnishing|
- Cut sponge cake into thin slices and arrange in a bowl.
- Spread marmalade on top. Arrange another layer of cake on top of that.
- Sprinkle orange juice over that to moisten the cake.
- To prepare jelly- heat 1 ½ cups of water with sugar. When it starts boiling, add orange jelly crystals and cook till it dissolves.
- Pour hot jelly over sponge cake and keep in refrigerator to set.
- Mix custard powder with little cold milk. Add to rest of the hot boiling milk along with little sugar.
- Stir till it becomes thick. Allow to cool.
- Pour over set jelly and keep in refrigerator again.
- Decorate with slices of orange.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 45|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs