Recipe Name: Tandoori Fish
|Pomfret fish||1 whole (approx.500 g)|
|chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1 tsp|
|Onion rings||50 g|
- Scrape the scales and cut the pomfret on the belly side. Clean the inside, cut the fins and tail. Well and dry. Give 3-4 slits crosswise evenly spaced on both sides upto the bone (do not cut bone).
- Make a paste of 10 g ginger, garlic, 1/2 tsp ajwain, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and one lemon. Apply this paste well on outside and inside of the fish and leave for half an hour.
- Prepare a mixture of curd, salt, vinegar, garam masala, haldi and left over ajwain powder, ginger and garlic paste and lemon juice.
- Marinate prepared fish in this curd mixture for one hour, spooning it well inside and into cuts.
- Put on to skewer (through mouth and right through tail) and cook in a tandoor or moderately hot oven till half done.
- Hang to drain out the moisture.
- Brush with fat all over and again put in the tandoor till done all over.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings, tomato and lemon slices.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Serving Size||1 no|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 31|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs