Recipe Name: Dal Stuffed Poories
|Wheat flour||80 g|
|Melted fat||1 tsp|
|Washed urad dal||15 g|
|Ginger||a small piece|
|Red chilli powder||a pinch|
|Green chillies||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala||a pinch|
- Wash and soak the dal overnight. Grind to a coarse paste along with ginger and green chilli without the addition of water. Add seasonings and soda and mix well.
- Add salt to the flour and rub in the melted fat.
- Make a stiff dough as for plain poories. Leave it covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Knead the dough again using a little fat.
- Divide the dough into five portions and shape into balls.
- Makea depression in the centre of the ball and fill in 1 tsp of dal mixture and then again shape it into a ball.
- Roll into a flat round using oil.
- Deep fry in hot fat like plain poories.
- Serve hot with chutneys, pickle, curries etc.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat -|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs