Recipe Name: Lemon Rice
|Water||double of the amount of rice by volume|
|Mustard Seeds||2 tsp|
|Whole red chillies||2 tsp|
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in water for about half an hour.
- Place measured amount of water in heavy bottomed pan (use the water in which rice has been soaked) and heat till it boils.
- Add soaked rice to the boiling water and cook covered on a slow fire till the rice grains are tender and all the water dries off( 1 tsp of oil can be added along with rice, which helps in keeping the rice grains separate).
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add peanuts, whole red chillies and fry for two minutes.
- Add salt, haldi and boiled rice, Mix well, cover and keep over a hot tawa for five minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix and serve hot.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 117|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs