Recipe Name: Tandoori Chicken
|Preparation time||- 2 hr|
|Cooking time||- 45 mins|
|Skinless chicken||500 g|
|Chilli Paste||1 tbsp|
|Tandoori Paste||1 tbsp|
|Vindaloo Paste||1 tbsp|
|Curry Paste||1 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder or Pepper||1 tbsp|
|Plain Yogurt or 1/2 cup Buttermilk||2 tbsp|
|Salt to taste|
- Prepare the chicken by removing the skin and trimming all of the fat. Make long slits in the chicken so that the spice mixture can penetrate the meat during marinating.
- Put all Pastes, Chilli powder and salt in a bowl and mix all of the above to a paste.
- Add yogurt (or buttermilk) and mix all of the ingredients till you have a smooth paste. Make sure that you do not have any lumps, especially if you use yogurt. Add some water so that all of the chicken will get soaked - do not add too much water to dilute the paste. The paste should have a thick consistency.
- Soak the chicken in the marinade for 6-8 hours (preferably overnight) in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven to 450F.
- Prepare a pan for the oven by lining with aluminium foil. Place chicken pieces on the pan and dribble half of the marinade on the pieces. Put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes - uncovered - middle or top rack.
- Remove the pan and turn over all of the chicken pieces - add remaining marinade on the pieces.
- Put the pan in the oven for another 15-20 minutes – make sure you don’t overcook.
- Remove pan and serve with sliced half-rings of onions, green chilli slices and lemon wedges.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Serving Size||100 g|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 148|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs