Recipe Name: Chana pulav
|Basmathi rice||1 cup|
|White kabuli chana||½ cup|
|Small onions peeled||½ cup|
|Coriander leaves||½ bunch|
|Kasoori methi||1 tbsp|
|Garam masala powder||½ tsp|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|Cardamom||2 to 3|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Grated fresh coconut||15g|
- Soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water and fry in ½ tsp of ghee till moisture is absorbed.
- Soak chana 10 hours before and pressure-cook it. Blanch tomatoes in hot water for few minutes and grind to a smooth paste.
- Grate coconut, add enough water and take two extracts.
- Heat oil in a heavy vessel and fry cardamom, cloves and bay leaf. Add garlic and fry till brown and then add slit green chillies and small onions. Fry for a minute and add ground masala paste.
- Fry till good smell comes in medium flame and then add tomato paste, kasoori methi, salt, garam masala powder and boil for few minutes.
- Add cooked chana and coconut extract, required water and when it starts boiling, add rice, mix well and cook for 20 minutes in reduced flame.
- Garnish with cut coriander leaves.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 81|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs