Recipe Name: Tomato bhath
|Tomatoes||5 to 6|
|Fresh green peas||¼ cup (shelled)|
|Garam masala powder||½ tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Black gram dhal||1 tsp|
|Bengal gram dhal||1½ tsp|
- Cook rice till each grain is separate and allow it to cool by spreading over a broad plate.
- Cut onions into fine pieces. Blanch tomatoes in hot water for few minutes. Remove skin and grind into pulp. Strain and remove the seeds.
- Cut green chillies into long pieces.
- Heat ghee and oil in a frying pan. Add seasonings, cut chillies and onion. Fry till transparent and add boiled peas with tomato pulp.
- Cook stirring constantly in medium flame till moisture evaporates from tomato pulp. Add salt and garam masala powder.
- Mix cooled rice to this and fry in high flame for few minutes till rice becomes hot.
- Garnish with cut coriander and curry leaves.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 54|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs