Recipe Name: Vegetable Fried Rice
|Preparation time||- 30 mins|
|Cooking time||- 45 mins|
|cooked rice, long grained, preferably one day old||2 cups|
|Garlic puree||1 tsp|
|Ginger puree||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tsp|
|Sesame oil||1/2 tsp|
|Sambal oeleck (or any hot sauce - optional)||1 tsp|
|Mixed cooked vegetables||1 cup|
|Mountain Sauce (or a good quality soy sauce)||50 ml|
|Egg, beaten lightly||1|
|Green Onion cut thin (green parts only)||2|
- In a hot pan, add the vegetable and sesame oils. Sauté the garlic and ginger for 10 seconds.
- Add your cold, day old rice. If your heat is high enough, the rice won't stick. Stir fry it for about 1 minute.
- Add your vegetables and hot sauce. Cook another minute.
- Now, tilt your pan towards you, at a 45 degree angle. Push the food up, so that you have some space on the bottom. This is where you add your egg.
- Scramble it using a plastic spatula. When the eggs are just about scrambled, put your pan back down and toss everything together.
- Add your Mountain sauce (or soy). Toss everything together. Let the liquid absorb into the rice. It should not be liquidy. Add the green onions.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 63|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs