Recipe Name: Sambhar
|Arhar dal||50 g|
|Ladies finger||30 g|
|Brinjal||30 g ( 1small)|
|Red chili (whole)||1 to 2|
|Coriander seeds||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Urad and channa dal||1 tsp each|
|Coconut (fresh)||30 g|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Asfoetida (hing)||1/8 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/8 tsp|
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil and roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, whole chilli, urad and channa dal. Add grated coconut. Roast a little and remove.
- Grind the above masala.
- Pick and wash arhar dal. Add salt, turmeric powder and cook with water till the dal is soft.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables.
- Add drumsticks to the cooked dal and cook till half done.
- Fry brinjals and ladies finger in 1/2 tsp of oil. Add the coconut masala paste and brinjals and ladies finger to dal. Also add chopped tomatoes and sliced onions. Continue cooking.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add tamarind pulp. Bring to boil and remove.
- Heat the remaining oil, add asfoetida (hing) and mustard seeds. When they start cracking, add curry leaves and add to the cooked sambhar.
- Serve hot.
Start with a few letters & Review/Click options
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 113|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending upon your daily needs